At Edits Made Easy, we know that we cannot succeed without your trust. Ensuring the security and privacy of your personal information, financial information, and intellectual property are, then, top priorities of the entire Edits Made Easy team.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
When you submit a document or file for editing, proofreading, formatting, indexing, transcription, design, or assessment, and when you submit a request for coaching or online writing classes, it is necessary for EME to collect certain personally identifiable information from you:
- Personal Contact Information. Edits Made Easy collects basic information about you (including your name, address, telephone number, time zone, and e-mail address) in order to be able to contact you about your project and the services in which you have expressed an interest. EME retains your personal contact information and basic information concerning your project request in order to serve you better on future projects. Edits Made Easy will never sell this information to a third party and will share it only with those professionals who are under contract with EME and who need it to provide the service(s) you request.
- Financial Information. When you are ready to pay for a service, EME will invoice you via PayPal or Intuit QuickBooks, which service will enable you to process your payment by credit card, debit card, PayPal, or ACH transfer. It is not necessary for you to register for a PayPal or QuickBooks account, or to use an existing PayPal or QuickBooks account, in order to process a credit card, debit card, or ACH payment. PayPal and QuickBooks both use secure systems to protect your financial information, and none of the details of your credit card, debit card, PayPal account, or bank account are shared with Edits Made Easy. If payment is made by check or electronic wire transfer, EME does not retain any of your financial information once the transaction is complete. EME will never ask for your Social Security Number or for any other account information or passwords.
- Intellectual Property. Edits Made Easy carries out its services on your intellectual property. That property is maintained on our server and on the computer equipment of the EME independent contractors working with you, and is retained on contractor computers for a period of 90 days following the completion of your project, in case you need to contact us concerning your documents; it may be retained on our server and EME computer equipment for a longer period of time. After 90 days following the completion of your project, your documents are purged from the computers of all of our contractors who have worked on your project. If a member of the EME professional team leaves Edits Made Easy before the 90-day period following your project has been completed, s/he is legally obligated to delete your intellectual property from his/her computer equipment and to destroy any hardcopies that may exist; s/he is also required to relinquish any of your personal information with which s/he may have had contact. If you need for EME to retain copies of any of your intellectual property beyond the period of 90 days following the completion of your project, you should provide a written request to this effect, and your written request will be retained by Edits Made Easy along with your personal contact information.
- Evaluation and Feedback. When your project is completed by our team, EME will send you a brief form asking you to evaluate the quality of our service and to provide any feedback you care to share with us. The completion of this evaluation is at your discretion; if you choose to complete it, your evaluation will be shared with relevant members of the EME team, and with the third-party contractor(s) who process statistical information and handle web development for EME, but not with any other third party. If you provide us with your own comments about our service, we may use your comments (with or without your name) in our marketing and promotional materials and/or on our website, but only if you give us permission to do so; otherwise, your comments and/or name will only be used by members of the EME team to improve the service we provide to our clients.
- Referrals. If you refer a friend or colleague to Edits Made Easy, we will then generate an e-mail for you to send to your friend/colleague as a one-tme invitation to visit the EME website. We do not retain your friend's or colleague’s contact details.
- Uses of Information. When you submit information and documents to Edits Made Easy, this information/these documents will be used to provide you with the services in which you have expressed an interest, and to contact you in regard to the provision of these services. Evaluative information/feedback will be used to improve EME’s service to its clients and—only with your permission—your feedback, with or without your name, may be used in EME promotional and marketing materials (including, but not limited to, the EME website). Information about where you heard about Edits Made Easy will be used in aggregate form only in order to improve EME’s marketing operations.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM EDITS MADE EASY AND OPTING-OUT
When you submit a project, you are requesting that EME make contact with you to discuss the details of your project. Members of the EME professional team will also contact you as needed throughout the course of providing you the service(s) you request. Beyond this Customer Service communication, EME will contact you as detailed here:
- Special Offers, Promotions, and Updates. If you authorize us to do so on your submission form, Edits Made Easy will contact you to inform you of special offers, promotional deals, and updates to our service offerings. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option of choosing not to receive these types of communications. Simply uncheck the box asking to receive such updates or contact us with an e-mail asking us to remove you from our mailing list.
- Newsletters. Edits Made Easy produces a periodic newsletter with information about writing and about our services. We will use your name and e-mail address to send the newsletter to you only if you authorize us to do so. Out of respect for your privacy, we present the option of choosing not to receive the EME newsletter by simply unchecking the “newsletter” box on your submission form; alternatively, you may contact us with an e-mail asking to be removed from our mailing list.
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Edits Made Easy contracts with professional editors, proofreaders, coaches, indexers, transcribers, teachers, writers, designers and administrators as independent contractors in order to provide the services you seek. Your personally identifiable information is provided to these team members only as needed to accomplish the services you request. Members of the EME team are contractually obligated to delete your personally identifiable information 90 days after the completion of your project or upon the termination of their association with Edits Made Easy, whichever comes first; they are also contractually obligated to refrain from sharing your personally identifiable information with any other person, business, or entity. EME reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that such disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
This website contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by Edits Made Easy (such as PayPal, QuickBooks, project management systems, and websites providing online writing tools and information). Please be aware that EME is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by the Edits Made Easy website.
DISCUSSION BOARDS, CHATROOMS, AND BLOGS
YOUR ACCESS TO PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE MATERIAL
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire to use our service or receive communications from us, you may correct, update, or delete your information by e-mailing us at admin@EditsMadeEasy.com, or by contacting us by telephone (844-PRO-EDIT), or postal mail (100 The Mall At Steamtown, Box 20169, Scranton, PA 18503).
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter your personal information onto our submission form and upload your document(s), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL) with 128-bit (or better) encryption, which is the industry standard for safely delivering your details. EME follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. While we cannot, therefore, guarantee the absolute security of anything transmitted via the Internet, you may take comfort in knowing that EME uses commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information. If you have any questions about security on our website, you are always welcome to contact us.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the collection and use of your personal and financial information and the safeguarding of your intellectual property, you are always welcome to contact us. Edits Made Easy is available via e-mail at admin@EditsMadeEasy.com; by post at 100 The Mall At Steamtown, Box 20169, Scranton, PA 18503; and by phone at (844) PRO-EDIT. Edits Made Easy, LLC is a limited liability company registered with and governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America.